Business Phone

+61 469 337 251


Relative Visas

Orphan Relative Visa (subclass 837)

This visa allows the child to live permanently in Australia with the sponsor’s parent and, in this case, allows the child to live permanently with the sponsor’s parent on the island. The sponsoring parent is the person who normally applies for the child.


The child must have:

  • Be under 18 years of age, single and with no parent to care for them.
  • Have a relative who is a settled Australian citizen, Eligible New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident.
  • Be in Australia but not in immigration clearance when the application is made and when we decide.
  • The child must be sponsored by an eligible sibling or step sibling, grandparent or step-grandparent, aunt, uncle, step-aunt or step-uncle.
  • We need to confirm sponsorship. Parents or partners may not consent to bail if they are charged or convicted of child-related charges. Learn more about child protection measures.


With this visa the child can:
  • Migrate to Australia as a permanent resident.
  • Study and access Medicare.
  • Apply for Australian citizenship if eligible.

Your Valuable Comments