Business Phone

+61 469 337 251


Relative Visas

Orphan Relative Visa 117

This visa (orphan visa) allows one child to go to the island continent to live with relatives if their parents are dead, unable to care for them or are missing. Applicants are free to live permanently in Australia. They can study and use Medicare. If you are eligible, you can apply for Australian citizenship. The sponsor must support the child by providing accommodation and financial assistance during the first two years of the child’s stay in Australia.


Sponsors must be eligible Australian relatives. This means the relative must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. These eligible relatives include the child’s siblings, grandparents, aunts or uncles, or the child’s current spouse or de facto partner. In addition, the parents must be Australian residents as this is an essential aspect of the 117 Orphan Relative visa.

The child should be below 18 years of age.
Have no parent who can take care of them due to one of the following reasons:

  • Deceased
  • Permanently incapable of caring for the child.
  • Can’t be found.


  • The sponsor must have agreed to bring the child over to Australia.
  • Meet basic health requirements.
  • Meet basic character requirement.
  • Bringing the child to Australia must also be in the best interest of the child and for his/her wellbeing.

Your Valuable Comments