Business Phone

+61 469 337 251


child visa

Child Visa (subclass 802)

Children are the greatest treasure and parents can imagine their child without them. In keeping with the spirit, the Australian government has developed various programs through which a child can be reunited with their parents while in Australia. The Consultant’s Guide to Immigration Tips and Techniques outlines these visas to help children reunite with their parents.

The 802 child visa subclass allows eligible parents to sponsor their child to live in Australia indefinitely. Parents can submit their request on behalf of the child and the child is under 18 years old. When you are in Australia

Eligibility of Child Visa (subclass 802)

For Child To get this visa, the child must be:
  • Funded by their parent or their parent’s partner.
  • Single and younger than 18 years of age (but not adopted).
  • An adopted child should be below the age of 18 at the time of adoption.
  • If a child is between 18 to 25 years of age, they should be full-time students to be eligible.
  • A child who is 18 or older and unable to work due to a physical disability and dependent on the sponsoring parent.
For Parent
  • A citizen of Australia.
  • Holder of an Australian permanent resident visa.
  • A qualified New Zealand citizen.
For Sponsor
  • Should be a parent, a stepparent or adoptive parent of the child.
  • Should be a stepparent who has been separated from the child’s parent but has a legal responsibility to care for the child younger than 18 years of age.
  • Should be an adoptive parent who adopted the child before becoming an Australian citizen.
  • Should be older than 18 years of age.

Your Valuable Comments